Updated Skincare/Makeup

19:35 Cyndi 0 Comments

I haven't done a skincare/makeup routine post a while and it's changed quite a lot compared to last skincare post and my last makeup post. So I wanted to do an updated one as my skin has changed a lot since high school (thank God I survived puberty!)

Before that, I just wanted to put a disclaimer that these products may work well for me (well most of them do) but it does not necessarily mean that they will absolutely work for you as well. I've realised that you just have to try and test what works/what doesn't work for you. That has been my philosophy for cosmetic/skincare products since high school. Which is why some products which worked well for me in high school don't have the same effect for my skin now.

My skin is considered to be combination but more on the oily side (especially on my T-zone!) I really hate having oily skin because I always look so shiny. So many of my products are oil-free and mattifying.

Skincare

Cleanser: L'Oreal Hydra Fresh Foam Cleanser
I use this with my pore brush I bought from eBay. The cleanser by itself is really good at balancing out my skin as it's a good oily control cleanser but when I pair it with my pore brush it just makes it even more effective.

Toner: Biore Triple Action Toner
Surprise, surprise - it's still here. It truly is my holy grail item. I've tried other toners other than this one but this one is ultimately the one I always end up getting. As you can see I might need to restock as I'm nearly through with this bottle.

Moisturiser: Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturiser in Combination
In my last skincare post, I used to use the SPF one where it had SPF 15. I used to use another moisturiser before this one that my cousin bought for me in Hong Kong but it ran out and I couldn't purchase it either online or over in Australia so I had to get a new moisturiser. I already had my sunscreen which was SPF 50 so I decided to get the combination moisturiser instead. I don't know why I didn't get this sooner - it works so much better on my skin than the SPF one because it works so well with my skin.

Sunscreen: BeautyMate Total Whitening Sunscreen SPF 50
This sunscreen is not that good - to be completely honest - it's really watery and the smell isn't that nice and the packaging is putting me off from purchasing it again. It only whitens my skin temporarily but it does a good job at the whole SPF 50 and preventing my skin from burning from the Australian heat.

Mattifying cream: Nivea Shine Control Mattifying Gel Cream
Another product reappears! Yes, this product does such a good job at making my skin look matte and keeping my oil under control and it also moisturises at the same time. So on those super lazy days (which are most days) where I just stay at home all day - I just wash my face with water only and then just apply this gel cream and I'm set for the day.



Makeup


BB Cream: Skin79 BB Cream
I don't know if BB creams are still in trend anymore but I still use a BB cream but I think I may need to switch to using foundation as this doesn't work on my skin anymore. It used to work really well but I need a more lighter and less oilier foundation for my skin now. Any recommendations?

Makeup Base: The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Makeup Base in Green & Australia Matte Out Face Base

Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

Tinted Moisturiser: Nivea Tinted Moisturiser
I use tinted moisturiser for those days where I want super light coverage. 


Lip Ointment: Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment

Lipstick: Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti

Lip Tint: Etude House Cherry Lip Tint & PeriPera Cherry Lip Tint Stick
I did a review here

Lip Balm: Etude House Shini Star Lip Balm


Eyeliner: Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner & Heroine Make Black Liquid Eyeliner
I've changed my opinion on the Maybelline eyeliner. I am in love with it. 

Mascara: Heroine Make in Long&Curl Black

Eyebrows: Too Faced Brow Envy Kit
Another holy grail item. Super love this product. 


Nailpolish: Kit Cosmetics Nail Polish in Gold

Dry Shampoo: Batiste Dy Shampoo in Blush and Cherry

Perfume: Daisy by Marc Jacobs and Baby by Harajuku Lovers Gwen Stefani

0 notes :