What does Success mean to you?

20:47 Cyndi 0 Comments

I've always thought that success means that you had to have the nicest car, the biggest house, heaps of friends, wealthy, respected and had a lot of power.

To me, success equals making a positive difference in other people's lives that won't negatively affect other people's lives. I've never been able to associate success with wealth, power or how famous you are. I don't like chasing after money as I think money shouldn't have so much power over your happiness and working in Marketing I can understand that being famous is all appearances and publicity and what you show to people when you could be miserable inside. Success for me means happiness and what makes me happy? When my actions are making a positive difference to other people's lives - which is why I love when I get to directly speak one on one with the students living at Campus Perth and being able to talk to the Hostel guests and reading their reviews on how our company has been able to support their journey through life. Having these positive insights into what my actions do to other people make me so happy and motivate me more to do better.

Another thing which makes me happy is being passionate about causes and standing up for what I believe in. I truly believe in women's rights, racial and gender equality and being able to argue and read up on them and being able to make a difference towards these issues make me so happy! That, to me, is what success means to me. Being contently happy with what you've achieved and what your goals are.

0 notes :