The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

20:59 Cyndi 0 Comments


This is my first Haruki Murakami book ever! I just happened to find it in a bookstore one day, I was like so happy because I have been look for Haruki Murakami books everywhere! I particularly wanted to read Norwegian Wood but I am quite liking The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle even though I've been researching on my information on what it might be about but so far it remains a mystery. Guess I'll just have to read to find out but it has 3 books in one so it's a 600 page novel. 


I haven't finished reading the book actually, in fact, I'm only up to chapter 5,(i know! I'm sorry!) I only just bought the book the day before; so you can't really blame me as I only just started properly reading it yesterday while me and my family were out shopping. I really don't know what to say about this novel but it's sort of philosophical and makes you think of the world around you. Which is actually quite appropriate for me since I'm doing Philosophy & Ethics as a subject in school. I like the characters so far, I like May - the teenage girl - she's quite quirky and weird. I like it, I do.



I think the reason why so many people like Haruki Murakami's works, is that it covers so many themes and issues in real life. The way he presents it and the style of writing is just phenomenal, once you start reading, you feel as if you're there with the main character but it's a sort of very vivid and beautiful sort of way. He just describes everything beautifully and with continuity. He also challenges you with the issues the main character has to face as well. That's what I've picked up from the 5 chapters I've read. Ha.

0 notes :